The Centurion Apartment Real Estate Investment Trust invests in a diversified portfolio of rental apartments and student housing properties, as well as mortgage and equity investments in property developments across Canada and the United States. With that mandate, the REIT always looks for opportunities using strict due diligence to ensure investments are responsible and beneficial for its investors. They concentrate on communities with historically low vacancy rates, growing population demographics, and opportunities to improve rent levels.
The Fund employs three strategies:
1 – Purchase undervalued properties with untapped potential, low vacancy, and stable tenant base. Centurion invests in these properties and performs upgrades to reduce operating costs and maximize income.
2 – Invest in newer, stabilized buildings in desirable neighbourhoods that do not require upgrades and allow the REIT to realize maximum income quickly.
3 – Leverage its strategic relationship with developers to proactively create a pipeline of new investment opportunities. The REIT’s involvement in the development process of new multi-residential and student housing properties ensures these potential acquisitions are familiar, having performed due diligence throughout the build and stabilization phases.
Centurion is a leading provider of quality multi-residential apartments in Canada and the United States. Their goal has always been to provide residents and their families clean, safe, and comfortable homes. Beyond these, Centurion also enhances their residents’ living experience by proactively attending to their needs and constantly seeking ways to elevate their rental experience.
Potential Advantages for Investors
– Investing in income-producing apartments and mortgage investments
– Target distributions, paid monthly with a Distribution Reinvestment Plan available at a 2% discount
– Long-term growth potential
– RRSP, RRIF, and TFSA eligible
– Real estate ownership without responsibility of management
– Experienced professional management team with a track record of performance and value-oriented, process-driven methodology that is focused on unlocking unrecognized value