Raintree is pleased to provide an introduction and update webinar on Avenue Living Agricultural Land Trust. This Trust buys Saskatchewan farmland which is then rented to farm operators for cash rent. This exposes the investor to farmland ownership and the potential for capital appreciation.
Avenue Living Agricultural Land Trust was founded in December of 2016. It currently manages over 37,000 acres of farmland valued at over $57M. The Trust is part of the Avenue Group of Companies that together comprise over $1.3B in AUM.
CEO Leif Snethun will talk you through the business of the Trust. Born and raised in Alberta, Leif has been a farmer/rancher his entire life. He has over 30 years experience as a geologist and businessman, founding several private and public companies. His full-time professional career was in oil and gas but he never stopped farming. Over the decades, with his father and brother, they grew the farm from 1280 to 3600 acres, focused on growing wheat, barley and canola and raising red Angus cattle.
- Primarily invests in farmland for the use of growing wheat, barley, canola, peas and lentils
- Cash rent is secured through the use of crop insurance
- $10M invested by directors, management, friends and family
- $35M is the current equity raise target
- Open-end mutual fund trust – Sunset December 31, 2023
- Target of 12% per year rate of return
- Targeting an 8% preferred return per annum to investors plus a split of any profits above that
- Currently own 37,000 acres
- Current AUM exceeds $57 million